August 29, 2014 in About Qingdao
On 30. August we have another very special run for you all again. Pretty much ten years ago, in August 2004, Straydog arrived here in Qingdao and joined the Qingdao Hash shortly afterwards. That was at a time when the Qingdao Hash would meet every two weeks, when runs were only about 8KM long and when there was the run numbers included a 1/2 (as in Run #33 1/2 because one run had been very short and so it only counted half). Oh, the good old days….
Ten years later, Straydog will set not only one run for you but two! Yes, one for the walkers and one for the runners. Both will be different and challenging in their own way. The trails will lead you through typical Qingdao neighbourhoods, away from the skyscrapers and the modern stuff. Trails will be like they used to be with flour on the street, beers in your hand and confusion in your head. And the trails won’t be too long either.
So, if you have not been on a run for a while, now is a good time to join again! Talk about the old times and tell the legends of how people used to know the song lyrics. Talk about new areas that we can run in and show the new Hashers what fun it can be to run and drink in our beautiful Qingdao!
Here are the infos:
- Meet: 30. August 2014 at 2pm in Crowne Plaza Lobby
- Depart: 2:15pm DON’T BE LATE
- Starting point: Nr 15 Middle School bus stop 十五中. Reachable by bus 225, 212, 217, 367 and a few more
- Run start: 3pm
- Hare: Straydog
- Trail: See info above
- Hash cash: 10 RMB per person
- Other stuff: No children under the age of 16. Also, bring and wear your Hash shirts!
- Dinner: Optional after the run. Cost will be shared among people that participate
Future special runs:
- 20. September: Vineyard Run in Laixi (please note that this is not organized by the Hash but Hashers are welcome to join)
Hope to see you on Saturday, on on!