The Catholic Church in Qingdao’s Old Town used to be the most prominent feature of the Qingdao skyline. Boats arriving in the harbor in the Da Gang area would offer a platform from which to view the dual steeples from afar, which heralded the arrival of passengers to the German concession once known as Kiautschou.

Check out two photos of the church taken about 100 years apart in Qingdao.

Qingdao Catholic Church 1900

Qingdao Catholic Church 2000

Be Sociable, Share!