The next Qingdao Hash House Harriers run is August 6, 2011 – meet at Crowne Plaza at 2 pm. This marks run number 235 for the Qingdao Hashers. This week the drinkers with a running problem are running through some serious jungle and bush. From the Qingdao HHH official website: “Here in Qingdao, every week the Qingdao Hash House Harriers jog, walk, crawl and run a 60 to 90 minute fun run. They follow a trail marked with flour laid out by “hares” which ends at a “Down Down” circle.” See below for details.
When: August 6, 2 pm
Venue: Meet at the Crowne Plaza, 76 Hong Kong Middle Rd.
More info from the Qingdao HHH:
Run No. 235 – Saturday August 6, 2011
Hare/s: Nick, Marit, Cumholder (Ian) & Plug N Play (Preeti)
Costs: usual RMB 10 for bus and beers, dinner is optional and will be an additional RMB 25-35/head if you decide to stay. The hares have scouted out a Restaurant anyway!
Meeting Place and Time: Hotel Crowne Plaza at 2 PM for a 2:15 SHARP start. We will take bus #321 to the start of the run site, Er Zhong (No.2 Middle School Bus stop) Straydog and The Hermit will lead this group.
Laoshan District Residents: Please show up directly at No.2 Middle School Bus Stop at 2:30 PM for a 2:45 PM SHARP start!
Plan to attend? Please RSVP here
More Info: Bring out the dormant Tarzans and Janes in you as the hares take you through some serious jungle and bush right in the centre of Qd’s urban jungle in Shi Lao Ren! Lots of twists and turns; animals, birds and insects; hills and flats; thorns, vegetation, plantations and wild bush transport you into another world altogether ! Level of run/terrain difficulty is medium to low-high (and not medium-high or high-high).
* wear comfortable, breathable, cotton gear
* have proper running/training footwear on
* wear full sleeves and long socks/pants (for the run/walk) – you’ve been warned !
* carry LOTS of water
* carry your insect repellents or insect swatters 😉
* bring a small towel and a change of T shirt – you WILL sweat, the hares know, and how!
* lag behind, try and keep up with whichever pack you are with – the hares are not responsible if they lose you forever in the jungle 😉
* NO HASH FASHION (read no high heels) – again, the hares are not responsible, will not be human stretchers and carry you on their backs, if you decide to break your leg by succumbing to hash fashion !
LOST? Call Plug N Play on +86 1 50532 27805!!
So, bring it on everybody, see you all on Saturday – Tarzan & Jane style……oooo…oooooo…owwwwwwwwwww
Run No. 236 – August 13: Too Fucking Fast (David) & Hop On-Hop Off (Cynthia)
Run No. 237 – August 20: Out of town Hash special in Yangkou, hares: Pleases the Court & He Jie, special adviser – Well Hung Jury
Run No. 238 – August 27: Lost in Marks and Spencer (Nick)
Planned Aug. & Sept. out of town specials:
August: Please see above
September: Sausage Fest or Huadong Winery Tour – dates/details to be announced
Want to volunteer for haring? Know someone who wants to hare? Please contact our Hare Raiser “Well Hung Jury”.
On On !!
Well Hung Jury & Team
Hare Raiser/Trail Master – Qingdao Hash House Harriers